27 Sept 2009

Bollocks




It all started last weekend, things where going so well, it was sunny, the trails had all dried out, so I decided to extend my normal 30 miller and do some exploring, from Rivington I headed over to Darwen Moor, and headed south. I found some nice routes to ride, but after a short bumpy decent I noticed a spoke had snapped and this had caused a big wobble in my rear wheel. so it was time to head home, I headed north towards Tockholes, whilst climbing into Tockholes a pain was developing in my right leg, I thought nothing of it and made my way home through Abbey Village. I do love Abbey village when there are no walkers, it just seems to flow beautifully, when I got home the pain was still there so I chilled for the rest of the day drinking milkshake.


The Next day I could hardly walk, so it was time to take the train to work, now that is shit smelly train full of smelly people, I know that sounds a bit unfair, but you never get a seat and somebody always stinks and they always stand near m.
Tuesday wheel to bike shop to be fixed and a spoke protector added, kept off the leg for a full seven days and only had to pay for the train once as it was so busy.
I spent Saturday swapping parts from one bike to the other so I had a steed to thrash for the next days bike fest.
Sunday came, I walked the dog then I got into character, everything felt ok as I set off southwards towards Cuerden Vally for the start of what I planned to be a 40+ ride, as I attacked the first hill my leg decided to let me know it didn't want to play out, so yet again my day was cut short only 6 miles around Cuerden it was fun but shit at the same time.
When I got home I felt pretty down, I cheered myself up by watching Earthed 4 death or glory. My bike looks the mutts nuts at the moment, I cant do another week of the train so I am gonna ride to work and hope the leg recovers and the trails stay dusty by next week.
Fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment